So I had my first day of Fall classes yesterday! It went really well and I am looking forward to everything I'm taking. All of my professors seem good, like they care about making it a worthwhile class, and they aren't just going to stand and read to you what they have on their PowerPoint presentation. I'm so excited to get going with my Jane Austen class, there are only two papers and one exam, the rest is just reading her books and discussing them in class, which I can definitely handle :).
I'll admit that I'm a bit disappointed in my Business Spanish class, but since it has only been one day, I am trying to stay positive. The professor is not a Native Spanish speaker, and has never taught this particular class before. I guess I shouldn't be so hard on her. But, she spent most of the class yesterday speaking to us in English. She was talking about the syllabus and the assignments and said she wanted to make sure that we could all understand. The thing is, its a 4000 level Spanish class, you aren't even allowed to take it unless you have taken the 3000 level class which requires you to have two years of Spanish speaking experience (and I don't just mean two years taking classes, you have to have been in another country, or have the equivalent of speaking time). Anyway, I feel like if I am paying for this class, and its an upper division level, she should speak to us in Spanish all the time. We understand the syllabus in Spanish, and if we don't we know how to ask questions about it. I guess I just miss my Professor from last year, Lucía Rubio, who is from Spain and has the most amazing Spanish in the world. I could just sit and listen to her all day. I do still want to take the class though, and she seems like a dedicated professor, so I think I will still learn a lot. I guess we'll see!
No comments:
Post a Comment